Table of Content
It’s the weekend! We all know that binge-watching a show on Netflix or your favourite channel can lead to snacking yummy food, but it’s easy to get carried away and snack on something that’s not healthy. These healthy snack recipes are delicious, will satisfy your cravings and keep you going till the end of the episode!
From baked chips and fruit pancakes to savoury dips and roasted vegetables, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. And since they’re all relatively easy to make, you won’t have to spend hours in the kitchen prepping snacks.
Healthy Snack Recipes for Weekend Binges
- These chips are a healthier alternative to regular potato chips as they are high in fibre and antioxidants And they’re just as delicious! To make them, just slice a sweet potato thinly, lightly coat with olive oil and bake in the oven until crispy. Season with salt, pepper, or any other seasoning you like. Enjoy!
- Look no further than this delicious bruschetta recipe! Made with garlic bread, Allegro’s Extra Virgin Olive oil, fresh tomatoes, garlic, and basil, this dish is sure to please your taste buds. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be made ahead of time.
- For weekend binges, little pizzas are the ideal solution! These small pizzas are made with whole wheat dough and topped with vegetables like tomatoes, peppers, onions, olives, and plant-based sausages. These sausages are meatless, nutritious, and protein-rich. (See more vegan meat alternatives by Beyond Meat). You also could add broccoli or spinach to the toppings to sneak in some more vegetables. Make these mini-pizzas ahead of time and reheat for a quick snack.
- This Bean Salad is a healthy and filling snack that can be easily made ahead of time. It is packed with protein and fibre from the beans, and the olive oil dressing provides healthy fats (Try Allegro’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil). The salad can be enjoyed as is, or it can be served on top of whole grain bread for a heartier snack.
- These roasted chickpeas are the perfect and easy snack recipe to accompany your weekend binge. They’re full of protein and fibre, so they’ll keep you feeling satisfied, and they’re roasted in a delicious blend of spices that will tantalise your taste buds.
- This salty and creamy snack is perfect when you want to whip up a quick and healthy dish during the weekend. The cheese will ensure your hunger is satiated and the fibre-rich crunchy veggies will give you a dose of your vitamins and minerals.
- Look no further than these delicious and nutritious pancakes! Made with whole wheat flour, Greek yoghurt, and fresh fruit, these pancakes are sure to give you the energy you need to make it through even the longest TV marathon. Plus, they’re so easy to make that you can easily whip them up in between episodes. So go ahead and indulge in your favourite shows this weekend – these pancakes will be the perfect companion!
- Made with just a few simple ingredients like corn flour, bread crumbs and onion slices, these crispy onion rings are baked, not fried, so you can feel good about enjoying them. Serve them up with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Made with bread crumbs, potato slices, cheese and a few herbs and spices, Crispy Garlic Cheese Potatoes are simply irresistible. The tastiest part about this snack is that it is topped with Beyond Mince that are meaty and delicious. These cheese potatoes are easy to make, and since they are baked they are a healthier alternative to potato chips.
We hope you enjoyed our roundup of healthy snack recipes that are perfect for your weekend binge. Whether you’re looking for something sweet or savoury, there’s a recipe here for you. So get cooking and enjoy your weekend!